Cape May Stage, Cape May’s premier professional Equity theatre company, welcomes you to apply for any of our open positions listed below:
Male actor to play Crumpet the Elf in David Sedaris’ “Santaland Diary” directed by Marlena Lustik and produced at Congress Hall. Seeking comic actors in 30’s who live in Cape May area or can commute. Rehearses in November and plays at Congress Hall after Thanksgiving through December. Interested candidates can send photo and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no open positions at this time
This position provides oversight and assistance on day-to-day operations, produces our program, coordinates staffing of the box office, supports the board with fundraising and special events, and works closely with the Artistic Director that is, is This position is salaried, full time, and year round
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership responsibility for day-to-day administrative operations. May include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance in the grant writing process while working with a grant-writing consultant.
- Provide oversight and assistance in Marketing Department.
- Provide administrative support for the scheduled show productions.
- Provide assistance and oversight with producing “Showbill”, its advertising, season, and play sponsors and engage “Dinner and a Show members.
- Work with Artistic Director, Finance Manager, and Board Executive Committee on annual Budget.
- Support the board and its committee on fundraising activities’.
- Manage Donor Perfect: Log donations, pull reports, send weekly donation letters, work on annual giving letter with board president, prepare and send annual tax letter to donors.
- Provide follow up with patrons, board members, and donors as needed.
- Organize and maintain policy and procedure manuals.
Requirements for Success:
- This position provides oversight and assistance on day-to-day operations. This includes producing our program, coordinating staffing of the box office and overseeing the office staff.
- Will support the board with fundraising and special events and work closely with the Artistic Director.
- Will report to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Understanding the workings of a theatre.
- The ability to smoothly transition from one project to another even with interruptions.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Advanced computer skills and comfort with technology, proficiency in office suite preferred.
- Proven excellent organizational skills.
- Proven excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Calm under pressure and able to multitask.
- Good time management and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work on your initiative.
- Close proximity to Cape May (20-30 minutes preferred)
- Must be able to attend productions, fund raising functions and other activities hosted by the stage.
- Ability to supervise people and plan and execute projects.
- Some college education preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to Roy Steinberg at email@example.com
Cape May Stage is an equal opportunity employer.
Box Office/House Manager
About Cape May Stage:
Cape May Stage is a professional, Equity SPT 6 regional theatre in the heart of Cape May, NJ. The 128-seat theater is housed in a beautifully-restored mid-19th century church. The theater itself is modern in design – with a proscenium stage, open lighting grid, and stadium-style seating.
As Box Office Associate, responsible for assisting patrons with all show ticketing needs, serves as resource to all patron questions. Responsible for keeping inside and outside of theatre neat and presentable. Daytime and weekend hours.
As House Manager, responsible for a smooth audience experience. Act as the face of the company for the audience. Write and distribute tickets. Act as Will Call and be responsible for safely and efficiently getting audience seated. Work closely with volunteer ushers. Handle any issues that may arise including, but not limited to seating, ticketing, comfort, and safety issues. House Managers will also have Box Office Associate responsibilities. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Answer all incoming calls
- Process and verify credit card and cash transactions
- Maintain a balanced drawer
- Book reservations for shows in person and over the phone
- Assist with day to day operations of ticket office
- Maintain superior customer service both in person and over the phone
- Help seat guests before the show and late comers
- Write and distribute tickets
- Handle any issues that arise quickly and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned
Pay: $12 an hour
Dates: Late April through December
- Working knowledge of phone handling, cashiering, and customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent skills in customer service, phone etiquette, cash handling
- Ability to think on your feet and handle delicate situations with grace under pressure
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 35 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAPE MAY STAGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.