Cape May Stage, Cape May’s premier professional Equity theatre company, welcomes you to apply for any of our open positions listed below:
Cape May Stage is currently looking for a Production Manager/Resident Lighting Designer for the 2018 Season.
Cape May Stage is seeking a qualified Production Manager/Resident Lighting Designer for its 30th season. The Production Manager holds the primary responsibility for all areas of production and daily operations for the theater. The PM will oversee all Mainstage and Second Stage productions, coordinating all elements of theatre production, including management of technical staff and facilities, production expense tracking, and communication necessary to a successful theater. As Resident Lighting Designer they will be responsible for planning and execution of the lighting design for each show.
Production Manager/Resident Lighting Designer Responsibilities
– Create, maintain, and distribute production calendars for the season, individual shows, rehearsals, events, and all technical elements
– Manage and handle entire production budgets, including per show and season budgets
– Hire, supervise, schedule, train, and evaluate all technical staff/crew with oversight and support from the Board of Directors, Artistic Director, and Technical Director
– Articulate, plan, and oversee the implementation of all production elements for Mainstage and Second Stage shows
– Work in conjunction with existing company staff as well as designers, directors, and seasonal staff to accomplish artistic goals, while balancing cost and artistic integrity
– Participate in season-long planning and create timelines and tasks for technical staff
– Schedule and run production meetings
– Provide supervision and hands-on support as needed.
– Provide routine and emergency maintenance of performance and rehearsal facilities and equipment
– Handle equipment purchases and rentals
– Provide paperwork for each lighting design and oversee hang and focus
– Maintaining the highest standard of safety for all employees
Candidates should have a diverse theatrical background and the ability to work well as part of a small team. The ideal candidate will have strong collaboration, communication and technical skills. They should be able to maintain high standards of a safe and supportive work environment. Experience working with artistic personnel is a must and considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, and techniques pertaining to the production of theatrical performances. Organization and communication between all employees is essential. Able to provide quality lighting design for the season.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Experience in a management role
– Experience as a professional lighting designer
– Experience working with those over distance
– Ample theatre/technical experience
– Organized and detail driven personality
– Ability to be flexible
– Able to be fully committed and dedicated
– Desire to be a team player and excited to learn
– Good sense of humor
– Reliable transportation
A Bachelor’s Degree is required and an MFA is preferred or equivalent work experience. This position reports to the Artistic Director. Flexible start date, ideally April 1st.
In order to apply please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Tom Macagnone at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no open positions at this time
CAPE MAY STAGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.