Changes to the 2020 Mainstage Season
(last updated 6/15/20)
In abundance of caution to our audiences and staff, Cape May Stage has made necessary changes to our 2020 season.
To identify when we can open our doors and welcome you to our theater again, we are working closely with the local and state government to identify a concrete date when we can reopen. As our state progresses through the phases of reopening, this date will become clearer. The only thing we can do to speed this up is to encourage everyone to follow the expected safety protocols so we can stay on track to get to the final phase of reopening our state.
We are also working with Equity, the actors union, to find a safe way for our performers to take the stage. Equity is working closely with a renowned epidemiologist to enact a plan to keep their actors safe and let the show go on.
Since the pre-production of our plays usually begins at least two months before opening night, it is extremely difficult to begin the process without a clear date in mind.
Because of these factors, we have been forced to further delay the opening of our 2020 season to the fall. Once we are given a date to reopen, we can further share the specifics of a modified 2020 season at the theater.
The last play of the 2020 season, which was a new play titled “25 Decembers”, has been replaced with “Adopt a Sailor – Holiday Edition”, a reimagined version of the play originally slated to open our season with a brand new Christmas inspired twist.
Cape May Stage’s updated 2020 season:
Shirley Valentine: September 30 – October 30 (We are optimistic that this play will happen, but cannot be sure until we are given the approval to reopen)
Adopt a Sailor – Holiday Edition: November 18 – December 27
Patrons with tickets to 25 Decembers:
If you have previously purchased tickets for 25 Decembers, your tickets are now valid for Adopt a Sailor – Holiday Edition at the same date and time.
Patrons with tickets to the now cancelled Adopt a Sailor, Last of the Red Hot Lovers, or Guilty Pleasures, including package purchases:
If you purchased tickets to these events, the cost of the tickets has been converted to a customer credit.
Customer credits can be used in the following way:
- Selecting a new performance and using the credit as payment. Credits can also be used for any of our current Virtual Events, including the Virtual Broadway Series. This credit can be used in the 2020 or 2021 season and the exchange fee is waived.
- Making a donation to Cape May Stage.
Season Passport holders:
If you used one of your Passport Stamps to attend these events, the Stamp has been returned to your account and can be used for another mainstage performance. We are also extending all 2020 Season Passport stamps to our 2021 season, so they can be used next year as well.
Patrons with tickets to Shirley Valentine:
At this time, we still hope to perform “Shirley Valentine”, opening September 30th.
If your plans have changed and you are no longer able to attend this play, here are the options available to you:
- Mark your tickets for resale – you won’t immediately receive a refund, but if these tickets are purchased by another patron, your funds will be refunded. Box office will prioritize selling tickets marked for resale, but we cannot 100% guarantee all tickets marked for resale will be resold.
- Exchange for another performance – select another performance to attend. There is a $5 exchange fee for each exchange.
- Convert to Customer Credit – if you are not sure when you can attend, convert the value of your order to a customer credit that will be stored in your account. This credit can be used in any other performance in our 2020 and 2021 season. When you decide on a new date, let us know and we can book your new tickets. There is a $5 exchange fee for each exchange.
To use your customer credits, please contact the box office. With modified hours, the best way to contact the box office is to email and please provide your phone number for us to give you a call back. You can also call us at 609-770-8311. If we are not available, please leave a voicemail and we will call you back.
A new feature added to our ticketing system allows our patrons to put their already purchased tickets up for resale. You won’t immediately receive a refund, but if these tickets are purchased by another patron, your funds will be refunded. Box office will prioritize selling tickets marked for resale, but we cannot 100% guarantee all tickets marked for resale will be resold. You will receive an email alert when your tickets have been resold to another patron.
Tickets can be marked for Resale via your My Account window when you sign in to the ticketing site. You can also reach out to the Box Office to assist. With modified hours, the best way to contact the box office is to email and please provide your phone number for us to give you a call back. You can also call us at 609-770-8311. If we are not available, please leave a voicemail and we will call you back.