Cape May Stage, Cape May’s premier professional Equity theatre company, welcomes you to apply for any of our open positions listed below:
There are no open positions at this time
Box Office/House Manager
About Cape May Stage:
Cape May Stage is a professional, Equity SPT 6 regional theatre in the heart of Cape May, NJ. The 128-seat theater is housed in a beautifully-restored mid-19th century church. The theater itself is modern in design – with a proscenium stage, open lighting grid, and stadium-style seating.
As Box Office Associate, responsible for assisting patrons with all show ticketing needs, serves as resource to all patron questions. Responsible for keeping inside and outside of theatre neat and presentable. Daytime and weekend hours.
As House Manager, responsible for a smooth audience experience. Act as the face of the company for the audience. Write and distribute tickets. Act as Will Call and be responsible for safely and efficiently getting audience seated. Work closely with volunteer ushers. Handle any issues that may arise including, but not limited to seating, ticketing, comfort, and safety issues. House Managers will also have Box Office Associate responsibilities. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Answer all incoming calls
- Process and verify credit card and cash transactions
- Maintain a balanced drawer
- Book reservations for shows in person and over the phone
- Assist with day to day operations of ticket office
- Maintain superior customer service both in person and over the phone
- Help seat guests before the show and late comers
- Write and distribute tickets
- Handle any issues that arise quickly and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned
Pay: $12 an hour
Dates: Late April through December
- Working knowledge of phone handling, cashiering, and customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent skills in customer service, phone etiquette, cash handling
- Ability to think on your feet and handle delicate situations with grace under pressure
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 35 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAPE MAY STAGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.