The high-quality productions that grace our stage each year rely on the commitment of many people. These great achievements take more than the efforts of actors, directors, designers, and musicians. Volunteers at Cape May Stage work in various capacities of the theater including administration, production, education and outreach, special events, and ushering. Volunteers ensure that Cape May Stage remains a vital cultural resource in our community by donating their time, talents, and skills throughout all facets of the organization. Cape May Stage is truly grateful to have the support of so many enthusiastic theatre-lovers who share their talents and gifts with us as volunteers and help bring our mission to life.
If you love theatre and have a desire to be a part of Cape May Stage, please email Producing Artistic Director, Roy Steinberg, at with your interests and availability. We look forward to having you with us!
- Drivers – pick up and deliver artists to and from bus station in Atlantic City
- Carpenters – build sets and put them in truck for strike and load-in/comfortable with a screw gun
- Painters – painting the floor or walls of a set (no fine art needed) but also fine artists who can help designers
- Grips – to carry scenery out of the theatre/help set up ladders
- Shoppers – to get props as instructed by prop master or make keys or get hardware for loading in set
- Running Crew – people to move scenery and props during the show (need to be at every performance so it is the same people)
- Hair and Make-up – to purchase and maintain make-up and wigs
- Quick-changers – to work during the performance (must be same person at every performance)
- Lighting – able to go up a ladder and tighten and focus the instruments as instructed by lighting designer
- Writers and Research (dramaturgs) – to assist artists with background material and period research/ critical and scholarly research (can work at home)
- Grounds Keepers – raking leaves and keeping the exterior of the building looking pristine
- Box Office – answering phones, filing, and being trained to work with computers on ticket orders and provides administrative office support to staff.
- Usher – Greeting patrons and guiding them to their seats and assisting with special needs patrons and servicing the lobby area for water and souvenir items for sale.
- Poster Distributor-assist office in delivering posters and brochures throughout the season.