Work With Us
Cape May Stage, Cape May’s premier professional Equity theatre company, welcomes you to apply for any of our open positions listed below:
Box Office Associate and House Manager
As Box Office Associate, responsible for assisting patrons with all show ticketing needs, serves as resource to all patron questions. Responsible for keeping inside and outside of theatre neat and presentable. Daytime and weekend hours.
As House Manager, responsible for a smooth audience experience. Act as the face of the company for the audience. Write and distribute tickets. Act as Will Call and be responsible for safely and efficiently getting audience seated. Work closely with volunteer ushers. Handle any issues that may arise including, but not limited to seating, ticketing, comfort, and safety issues. House Managers will also have Box Office Associate responsibilities. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Answer all incoming calls
- Process and verify credit card and cash transactions
- Maintain a balanced drawer
- Book reservations for shows in person and over the phone
- Assist with day to day operations of ticket office
- Maintain superior customer service both in person and over the phone
- Help seat guests before the show and late comers
- Write and distribute tickets
- Handle any issues that arise quickly and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned
Dates: May 4th through end of December 2020
- Working knowledge of phone handling, cashiering, and customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent skills in customer service, phone etiquette, cash handling
- Ability to think on your feet and handle delicate situations with grace under pressure
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 35 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Positive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
Job Types: Part-time, 20 – 25 hours per week
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Kids Camp Musical Theatre Director
Cape May Stage is looking for a Musical Theatre Director to lead two Musical Theatre Kid’s Summer Camp Sessions. We are ideally looking for one person to run both sessions, but are also open to hiring a Musical Director for each session separately.
Ideal candidates will be upbeat, professional, have an excitement for performance, a willingness to collaborate and a passion for helping children love the theater!
- Lead daily musical warm-ups
- Identify vocal ranges and assign parts
- Teach all student their parts of the songs
- Work with the Choreographer to stage the musical numbers
- Musically accompany the rehearsals and final performance on last day of camp
- Able to play the piano
- Able to read sheet music
- Able to teach the students to improve their vocal capabilities
- Must be available all day for each day of the session
- Prep work can be done remotely, but will need to be done prior to the camp sessions
- Background in education
- Background in Musical Direction
- Session 1 – Grades 2 – 4: July 14 – July 17 / 8:30 am – 3:30 pm each day
- Session 2 – Grades 5 – 8: July 21 – July 24 / 8:30 am – 3:30 pm each day
- $500 for each session (10 kids anticipated for each session) plus a $50 bonus for each additional child above 10, for a potential fee of $1000 per session if we reach our 20 student limit.
Housing can be provided at our shared Company House.
Job Types: Temporary
Salary: $500.00 to $1,000.00 /week
No positions open at this time.
Cape May Stage is an Equity SPT Tier 6 contract offering housing, full health and pension benefits, and round trip transportation from New York. Local and New York auditions are held in February of each year.
No positions open at this time.
CAPE MAY STAGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.